On the current state and prospects for energy development
Joint Stock Company "Uzbekenergo" is the specially authorized body in the field of electric power, ensuring safe and reliable operation of the power grid and the satisfaction of consumer needs in electric power.
JSC "Uzbekenergo" is the legal successor of State JSC "Uzbekenergo", established by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated February 22, 2001 No. UP-2812 "On deepening economic reform in the energy sector of the Republic of Uzbekistan" and the Cabinet of Ministers of February 24, 2001 № 93 "On measures for the organization of the State Joint stock company "Uzbekenergo"
The organizational structure of the company includes 54 enterprises and organizations with different forms of ownership:
- JSC "Uzbekenergo" - the executive apparatus;
- Branch of JSC "Uzbekenergo" "Energosotish" - single buyer of electricity;
- 11 unitary enterprises: the production of electrical energy, Trunk Power Grids, the company performs industry-wide function and repair and commissioning services, as well as the Directorate for the construction of a new thermal power plant;
- 39 joint-stock companies for the production of electricity and thermal energy- coal production and delivery to consumers of the Republic, distribution and sale of electricity, the implementation of design, construction, installation, repair and adjustment work, logistics;
- 3 of the limited liability of motor maintenance, training of personnel, including one joint venture.
The main objectives of JSC "Uzbekenergo" are:
- Ensuring the safe and reliable functioning of the unified electric power system, meeting the needs and sustainable supply sectors of the economy and population of the country with coal, electricity and thermal energy;
- A unified technical policy in the sector, improving the efficiency of energy production, the introduction of new technologies and equipment, to ensure priority development of electric power in order to meet the full needs of the country in electricity.
JSC "Uzbekenergo" sets the mode of operation of the power grid. System operator is the National Dispatch Center "Uzbekenergo", engaged in the operational dispatch management process mode of operation of the power grid.
Joint Stock Company performs centralized power supply of the economy and population, as well as heat supply to industrial and household consumers in some cities of the country.
The structure of the company includes 39 power plants with total installed capacity of about 12.5 million KW including 10 thermal power stations with a capacity of 11.0 million KW and 29 hydraulic electric stations with capacity of 1.4 mln. KWh.
In the thermal power plants of the company are carried out mass-staff work on the introduction of new power generation technologies based on modern steam and gas turbines (CCGT and GTP).
Hydroelectric power plants are combined in HPP cascades and work on the watercourse.
For centralized power system connected to block station with total capacity of 475.5 MW.
From the thermal power company to supply heat of some cities and towns of the Republic: Tashkent, Angren, Navoi, Nurabad, Nuristan, Shirin, Fergana.
The total length of electric networks is 0,4-500kV 253.8 thousand. Km (overhead and cable lines length on circuits) are in operation in 1766 of substation 35 kV and above with the installed transformer capacity of more than 43.0 MVA transformer and 74,025 items 6-10 kV with total capacity of about 14.4 MW.
Electricity transport from the generating source to the distribution and marketing companies made unitary enterprise "Uzelektroset" by the main electric networks 110-500 kW, length of 9.7 thousand. km. 79 substations of the enterprise installed transformers with a total capacity of 21.9 MVA.
Implementation of electricity to consumers is carried out by enterprises regional electricity networks along the lines of 0.4-110 kV power transmission length of 238.6 thousand Km, including cable networks versus-strength about 15.2 thousand Km.
The development of the sector up to 2020 determined in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated March 4, 2015 № DP-4707 "On the Program of measures for structural reforms, modernization and diversification of production in 2015-2019." According to the Decree on the mid-term stage of development 2015-2020”, 6 provides for the implementation of priority projects in power, included in the current investment program:
- Construction of combined-cycle plant with a capacity of 370 MW at Tashkent Thermal Power Plant;
- Expansion Talimarjan TPP with the construction of two CCGT capacity of 450 MW;
- Construction of Navoi TPP second combined-cycle plant with a capacity of 450 MW;
- Construction of Angren TPP power unit of 130-150 MW district heating selection for burning high-ash coal;
- Modernization of thermal power plants Takhiatash installation of two combined-cycle units at 250-280 MW;
- Construction of a new thermal power plant with two Turakurgan CCGT capacity of 450 MW.
In addition, the planned construction of a new thermal power plant with two combined-cycle plant with a capacity of 450 MW in the Syrdarya region, building on the Fergana CHP CCGT capacity 57.7 MW and the construction of the turbine-generator building- 4 gas turbine with total capacity of 108 MW, the construction of 2 gas turbines with a total capacity 54 MW at Tashkent thermal power station.
Implementation of these measures will allow for the introduction of modern technologies of energy on the basis of highly efficient combined-cycle gas turbine units and power units with an efficiency as high as not less than 55-60%.
As you enter new units provided to carry out decommissioning used standard resource generation capacity to the power station.
In the hydropower sector envisages modernization of existing hydroelectric power stations with an increase of more than 90 MW.
Also JSC "Uzbekenergo" pays special attention to the modernization of the electricity metering system with the introduction of the automated control systems and electricity metering (APCAMS), provides for a phased implementation of the project APCAMS throughout the country.
The development of non-conventional renewable energy (NRE) provides for the construction of solar power plants of 100 MW in Samarkand, Namangan and Surkhandarya regions.
The implementation of the planned program, with the introduction of modern technologies and energy-saving equipment, will greatly improve the efficiency of energy production, to meet the growing need for energy consumers, to diversify the fuel and energy balance, reduce technical losses in transmission and distribution, and enhance the energy independence of the republic.