JSC "Uzbekenergo" is the main producer and supplier of electric energy in the Republic of Uzbekistan and fully meets the needs of the economy and the population of the republic in electric energy.
At the current stage of economic development, the main goal of the electric power industry is:
- full satisfaction of the growing needs of consumers in electric energy through the modernization and reconstruction of existing power plants and networks;
- construction of new generating capacities based on highly efficient energy production technologies, improving the electricity metering system, diversifying fuel and energy resources with the development of renewable energy sources:
- introduction of energy-efficient and energy-saving technologies, reducing production costs, increasing stability and sustainability of the functioning of the energy system.
As a result of the measures taken to reform the industry, the electric power industry is becoming one of the main areas of investment activity in the Republic of Uzbekistan of the International Financial and Economic Institutions - the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the Eximbank of the PRC and others.
In 2017, JSC "Uzbekenergo" carried out work on the full-scale modernization and construction of generating facilities, electrical networks and substations to increase the stability and stability of the energy system with the borrowing of International Financial Institutions, the main directions of which are determined by the Investment Program.
So, within the framework of investment projects:
- Construction of a new 450 MW thermal power plant with the introduction of a modern energy-efficient combined-cycle plant in the Turakurgan district of the Namangan region and expansion of the Navoi TPP with the construction of a second combined-cycle plant with a capacity of 450 MW. With the involvement of borrowed funds, JICA concluded turnkey contracts with a consortium of Mitsubishi Corporation and Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Ltd. (Japan)
- The construction of two combined-cycle plants with a capacity of 230-280 MW at Takhiatash TPP, with the involvement of ADB, entered into a turn-key contract with HYUNDAI Engineering Company Limited in conjunction with Hyundai Engineering & Construction Company Ltd. (Korea)
- Implementation of high-efficiency cogeneration gas turbine technologies at Fergana CHPP and city boiler house RK-3 ", the general contractors - Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd and Marubeni Utility Services Ltd (Japan) for the supply of equipment with the participation of NEDO funds
- Construction of a 220 kV electricity transmission line at Takhiatash TPP-Substation Khorezm - the settlement of Sarymay (Khorezm region) and modernization and reconstruction of substations of backbone networks implemented with the borrowing of the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank.
Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated from 13.11.2017. №RP-3384 "On measures for the accelerated implementation of an automated system for monitoring and accounting of electricity and natural gas", the supplier Sagemcom (France) was appointed to supply electricity meters.