Northwest Region Power Transmission Line Project
14 July 2017
3285-UZB: Northwest Region Power Transmission Line Project
ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/003-Procurement of Goods for Transmission Line Equipment
Contract No. and Title:
1. ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/003-1: Galvanized Tower Steel Structures and Accessories
2. ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/003-2: Insulators and Hardware
3. ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/003-3: Conductors, Cables and OPGW
4. ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/003-4: Concrete Foundations and Piles
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
6 September 2017, 10:00 (Tashkent time), Wednesday
1. Republic of Uzbekistan has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of the Northwest Region Power Transmission Line Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to payments for Transmission Line Equipment. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. Joint Stock Company (JSC) “Uzbekenergo” invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the following:
· Package 2 Lot 1: Galvanized Tower Steel Structures and Accessories
· Package 2 Lot 2: Insulators and Hardware
· Package 2 Lot 3: Conductors, Cables and OPGW
· Package 2 Lot 4: Concrete Foundations and Piles
3. One Bidding Document is issued to cover all Lot 1, Lot 2, Lot 3 and Lot 4. Bidders may bid for one or several lots as further defined in the Bidding Document. The Bid for each lot shall be submitted in a separate envelope with its corresponding bid security. One contract will be awarded individually for each lot. Bidder wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so provided that those discounts are included in the Letter of Bid.
4. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, bidders should contact:
Attention: Mr. Zafarjon Kamolov, Manager, Project Management Unit, JSC “Uzbekenergo”
Street address: 6 Istiklol Street
Floor/Room number: 423 KDS (КДЦ)
ZIP code: 100 000
Telephone: + 99871 236 61 60
Fax: + 99871 236 61 60
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
a) Sound financial status: Bidders shall submit of audited balance sheets or, if not required by the law of the Bidder’s country, other financial statements, acceptable to the Purchaser, for the last three (3) years to demonstrate the current soundness of the Bidder’s financial position and its long-term profitability. As a minimum, the Bidder’s net worth calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive.
b) Experience, Technical Capacity and Production Capacity
Successful completion as main supplier within the last five (5) years, of at least one (1) contracts each valued per lot at least as follows:
Lot 1: US$ 34.0 million
Lot 2: US$ 5.0 million
Lot 3: US$ 13.0 million
Lot 4: US$ 14.0 million
with nature, and complexity similar to the scope of supply described in Section 6 (Schedule of Supply)
(i) The Bidder shall demonstrate that the goods offered have been in production for at least five (5) years, and
(ii) sold a minimum of units equal to 80% of the supply requirement of similar type and specification over the last three (3) years;
(iii) been in operation for a minimum of two (2) years.
The above requirements are indicative. Bidders should refer to the bidding documents for detailed qualification requirements.
7. A single Bidder can be awarded multiple lots (contracts). The methodology to determine the lowest evaluated price of the contract combinations, including any discounts offered in the Letter of Bid, is specified in the Bidding Document. If a Bidder submits several successful (lowest evaluated substantially responsive) bids, the evaluation will also include an assessment of the Bidder’s capacity to meet the aggregated requirements of combination of lots as specified in the Bidding Document.
8. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible bidders should
- Write to the above address requesting the Bidding Documents for the bid No. ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/003-Procurement of Goods for Transmission Line Equipment Package 2, Lots 1-4 for contract no. ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/003-1: Galvanized Tower Steel Structures and Accessories; ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/003-2: Insulators and Hardware; ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/003-3: Conductors, Cables and OPGW; ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/003-4: Concrete Foundations and Piles
· Pay a nonrefundable fee of 200 (two hundred) United States Dollars (USD) (exclusive of all applicable bank charges) or an equivalent amount in Uzbek Sums (UZS) at the exchange rate of Central Bank of Uzbekistan on payment date via a bank transfer to JSC “Uzbekenergo” bank account as follows:
JSC “Uzbekenergo” bank details:
Shakhrisabz street, 3, Tashkent, 100000 Uzbekistan
CHIPS UID: 353886
CITIBANK N.A. NEW YORK, USA
SWIFT ID: CITIUS 33
ACCOUNT NUMBER 3611-4296
If requested, the bidding document may also be sent by courier for an additional fee of US$ 100.0 (one hundred) deposited to the account above. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery of the documents.
9. Deliver bid to the address above on or before 10:00 hours Tashkent time 6 September 2017, Wednesday together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document. Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
10. JSC “Uzbekenergo” will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.