Invitation for Bids 3285-UZB: Northwest Region Power Transmission Line Project
5 September 2018
3285-UZB: Northwest Region Power Transmission Line Project
ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/005-Procurement of Goods for Substation Equipment
Contract Nos. and Title:
· ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/005-1: Transformers and Current Limiting Reactors
· ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/005-5: Reactive Power Sources
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
17 October 2018, 10:30 a.m. (Tashkent time)
1. The Republic of Uzbekistan has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Northwest Region Power Transmission Line Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to payments under the contracts named above. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. Joint Stock Company (JSC) “Uzbekenergo” (the “Purchaser”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the following:
· Package 1 Lot 1: Transformers and Current Limiting Reactors
· Package 1 Lot 5: Reactive Power Sources
3. One (1) Bidding Document will be issued to cover both Lot 1 and Lot 5. Bidders may bid for one or both lots as further defined in the Bidding Document. The Bid for each lot shall be submitted in a separate envelope with its corresponding bid security. One contract will be awarded individually for each lot. Bidder wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so provided that those discounts are included in the Letter of Bid.
4. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, bidders should contact:
Attention: Mr. Zafarjon Kamolov, Manager,
Project Management Unit, JSC “Uzbekenergo”
Street address: 6 Istiklol Street
Floor/Room number: 423
ZIP code: 100 000
Telephone: + 99871 236 61 60
Fax: + 99871 236 61 60
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
a) Bidders shall submit audited balance sheets or, if not required by the law of the Bidder’s country, other financial statements, acceptable to the Purchaser, for the last three (3) years to demonstrate the current soundness of the Bidder’s financial position and its long-term profitability. As a minimum, the Bidder’s net worth calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive.
b) Experience and Technical Capacity
Successful completion as main supplier within the last 5 (five) years, of at least 2 (two) contracts each valued at:
Lot 1: $4.64 million
Lot 5: $13.28 million
with nature, and complexity similar to the scope of supply described in Section 6 (Schedule of Supply)
Lot 1 Transformer and Current Limiting Reactors
(i) In case the bidder who is a Manufacturer or the Manufacturer who has provided Manufacturer’s Authorization, must have manufactured, tested and supplied the goods, similar to the type specified in the Section 6 "List of goods and related services" at least 20 transformers 220 kV over the last 5 (five) years. Further, the Manufacturer should be in continuous business of manufacturing products similar to that specified in the schedule of requirements during the last 5 (five) years prior to the bid opening and at least 20 % of the above quantity rounded off to the nearest whole number is in satisfactory operation for more than 2 (two) years.
(ii) In case the Bidder is not a manufacturer, then the Manufacturer who has provided Manufacturer’s Authorization should meet the above requirement and further the bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that the Bidder has successfully supplied at least 20 % of the Quantity indicated in (i) above cumulatively over the last
5 (five) years.
Lot 5 Reactive Power Sources
(i) The Bidder who is a Manufacturer or the Manufacturer who has provided Manufacturer’s Authorization, has manufactured, tested, supplied, installed and successfully commissioned the goods, similar to the type specified in the Section 6 "List of goods and related services" at least 20 STATCOM type devices over the last 5 (five) years. Further, the Manufacturer shall be in continuous business of manufacturing the products similar to specified in the schedule of requirements during the last 5 (five) years prior to the bid opening and at least 20 % of the above quantity rounded off to the nearest whole number must have been in satisfactory operation for at least 2 (two) years.
(ii) In case the Bidder is not a manufacturer, then the Manufacturer who has provided Manufacturer’s Authorization should meet the above requirement, and the bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that the Bidder has successfully supplied, installed and commissioned at least 20 % of the Quantity indicated in (i) above cumulatively over the last 5 (five) years.
Above requirements are indicative. Bidders should refer to the bidding documents for detailed qualification requirements.
7. A single Bidder can be awarded multiple lots (contracts). The methodology to determine the lowest evaluated price of the contract combinations, including any discounts offered in the Letter of Bid, is specified in the Bidding Document. If a Bidder submits several successful (lowest evaluated substantially responsive) bids, the evaluation will also include an assessment of the Bidder’s capacity to meet the aggregated requirements of combination of lots as specified in the Bidding Document.
8. To obtain the Bidding Documents at no cost, eligible bidders should
· Write to the above address requesting the Bidding Documents for the bid
No. ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/005 - PROCUREMENT OF GOODS FOR SUBSTATION EQUIPMENT-Package-1, Lots 1 and 5 for contract Nos. ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/005-1-Transformers and Current Limiting Reactors, ICB/NWRPTLP-UE/005-5-Reactive Power Sources.
· The request sent by the Bidders to receive the Bidding Document should contain information about the representatives of the company, such as the full name, official e-mail addresses, and contact numbers for sending in case of clarifications, amendments and addendums to the Bidding Documents.
· The electronic version of the Bidding Document will be sent by email to address indicated in the request.
9. Deliver bid:
· to the address above
· on or before 17 October 2018, 10:30 a.m. Tashkent time. Late bids shall be rejected.
· together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
Technical bids will be opened immediately in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend, whereas the Financial Bids shall remain sealed and unopened and shall be placed locked. The Financial Bids of only Technically Responsive and Qualified Bidders shall be opened after Technical Bid Evaluation, whereas, the Financial Bids of those Bidders whose Technical Bids are not responsive and qualified shall be returned unopened after the Technical Bid Evaluation.
10. JSC “Uzbekenergo” will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.